Saturday, February 3, 2018

After My First motorcycle Ride random thoughts




03-Feb-14:54 PM


           When I was at Kashmir and surrounding places usually on duty, I used to saw bikers very often on roads (I can’t say roads may be trials, tracks 10 years before). As I was always detailed on the top of the truck because I was the only one in our team who always volunteer to sit on top, both summer and winter season respectively. As we were struggling in cold and snow we often watch these riders and used to think what they are up to, what they are trying to prove, because none of us came there voluntarily we all were on duty. My senior always used to comment on them (not in front of them) “Marne Kliye aaya kya”. Though we help the riders out whenever they were in trouble, I didn’t understand the driving force behind their action. We always ask each other the ultimate question WHY THEY  RIDE ? . I didn’t get the answer till now but that old question has changed, now its “WHY WE RIDE” because in course of time I became one of them. Thank you, brothers, for introducing me to this awesome world, it was because of all of your support that I started dreaming and still chasing it. I started riding motorcycle at the age of 22 (I know its very late ). My riding exposure was limited to 80 days a year which ended in a solo ride from Trivandrum to my workplace Jammu taking 6 days in 2016. It was hell of an experience which paved the way to my first Himalayan ride, those same mighty mountains once I guarded in uniformJ. On June last I rode from akhnoor to kasol and then with sukesh, my friend from Bigfoot family, we started our journey through mighty Himalayas. Yes like all other riders it was an awesome experience to ride Himalayas. The joke part is the places I used to suffer on duty (though I don’t mind that sufferings because those things molded me to another person ) felt like a normal tourist place for me. I enjoyed that kind of sights and sceneries that I never noticed on duty. A completely out of the world experience. When I reached Kardungla i just talked with my brothers who guarded there and their reaction was not different from my past reactions for bikers J. One senior there even scolded me for wasting my valuable leave on these kind of crazy things J.Well sorry sir , thanks for your advice but  I am not done yet. I have just started……………………..

seeker

No comments:

Post a Comment